Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2 Months, and 8 Days

2 months, and 8 days.
6.04 millions seconds.
ticked away,
since we became "us",
since God sent you my way.
In 2 months and 8 days
I've learned to forgive
and let my grudges fall away.
You once said, "I love when the cliche
becomes real life."
Even just our 2 months and 8 days,
I know you're here to stay.
In 2 months, and 8 days, you
have given me hope. taught me
how to truly say
"I love you."
No matter what games I play.
I will never have to watch you walk away.
Up this mountain of life I try to climb,
always knowing that when I fall,
you'll be my belay.
wordswords fill my mind. All come from they
they who know not. Then there is you.
Who always sends truth my way.
2 months.
8 days.
1,680 hours with endless
thoughts of the past, present, and future.
70 days, filled with
an array
of words and action
simply to say
"I love you."
Come here.
To my arms.
Please stay.

2 months, and 8 days
has changed my life forever.
In the "best-ever" kind of way.
Ever day, 70 and counting,
you drive away my dismay.
For you, you only, I made
myself be an expose.
Never do you disappoint.
You always have the right words to say.
2 months, and 8 days,
and a few times I have
tried on anger towards you,
never surpassing halfway.
Your eyes.
Your tone.
And I realize, towards you, I could
never be that way.
Every minute.
Every day.
You cross my mind.
I stop. To pray.
2 months, and 8 days
you constantly,
always,
blow me away.
You stepping in to my life,
added in the color. Took
away
all my grey.
2 months.
8 days.
1,680 hours.
100,800 minutes.
6.04 million seconds.
Is just the start.
Of something out of someones
screenplay.
But this is never over.
Stuck on replay.
Although just 2 months and
8 days
my heart knows
you're always
in my life.
Forever.
Here.
To stay.
Never forget that day,
you every wonderfully
walked
my
way.

3 comments: