Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Magic Door.

It creaks.
It groans.
Worn with
Time and love.
It hangs
There. Neither
Open or shut.
Balancing in
The air.
Begging for
Someone to
Set their
Foor inside.
Take off
On a magical
Ride. Where
The sun shines
And the wind
Whispers
“won’t you be mine..”
Too late to
Look back
The door is
Gone. Wild and
Free you start
To run. Joy
Fills the air
As your laughter
Meets my ear.
Eyes are begging
Wishing.
Pleading.
Stay on this
Ride. Keep my
Heart
Beating.
Further we
Run before
Time beats
Us. Sun
Grows dim
As the
Darkness
Meets us. No
Waning given
The door is
Slammed.
The magic ends.
The handle I
Jiggle. The
Door I pound.
Locked forever.
The key cannot
Be found. The
Stars they come.
The moon is
Bright but these
Tears bring rain
To this chilly
Night. Curled on
The doorstep
My head shall
Lay. Waiting for
My magic door
To open once
More.

No comments:

Post a Comment